Searching Fiber Providers…
Most Popular Residential Internet Providers in Georgetown, Texas
Internet Access in Georgetown, Texas
The average download speed in Georgetown is 154.54 Mbps. This is 16.2% faster than the average in Texas and 39.6% faster than the national average.
- There are 22 internet providers in Georgetown with 11 of those offering residential service
- Georgetown is the 143rd most connected city in Texas ahead of Leander, Jarrell, and Florence, but behind Round Rock and Hutto.
- The average internet download speed in Texas is 133.04 mbps.
- There are 551 internet providers in all of Texas.
- In Williamson County, approximately 23,000 people do not have access to 25mbps wired broadband.
- There are 17 companies offering business internet services in Georgetown.
- Almost 92% of consumers in Texas have access to a wired connection with true broadband speeds faster than 25mbps.
- 89.8% of Texans have access to 100mbps or faster broadband.
- Explore internet access for communities within Georgetown: Sun City
- The fastest zip code in Georgetown for April 2021 is 78633. (see all below).
Internet Statistics 2021
8.5% of consumers in Georgetown5,000 People Only have access to 1 or fewer wired internet providers available at their address.
This data is calculated from FCC datasets which providers are legally required to supply twice a year. We further validate this data for accuracy.
Are you a journalist or researcher writing about this topic?
Contact us and we'll connect you with a broadband market expert on our team who can provide insights and data to support your work.
Summary Of Fastest Internet Providers In Georgetown, Texas
|Provider||Speed||Type||Time To Download 1 GB|
|Suddenlink Communications||1,000 Mbps||Cable||8s|
|AT&T Fiber||940 Mbps||Fiber||8s|
|Rise Broadband||100 Mbps||Fixed Wireless||1m 21s|
|Viasat Internet||100 Mbps||Satellite||1m 21s|
|HughesNet||25 Mbps||Satellite||5m 27s|
|Frontier Communications||30 Mbps||DSL||4m 33s|
Summary of Internet Providers Availability in Georgetown, Texas
- Frontier - DSL - 92.4% Availability in Georgetown - Call For Speed Availability
- Rise Broadband - Fixed Wireless - 88.1% Availability in Georgetown - Speeds up to 100 Mbps
- Suddenlink - Cable - 83.4% Availability in Georgetown - Speeds up to 1,000 Mbps
- Spectrum - Cable - 1.3% Availability in Georgetown - Speeds up to 1,000 Mbps
- AT&T Fiber - Fiber - 1.1% Availability in Georgetown - Speeds up to 940 Mbps
- Viasat - Satellite - 100.0% Availability in Georgetown - Speeds up to 100 Mbps
- HughesNet - Satellite - 100.0% Availability in Georgetown - Speeds up to 25 Mbps
Internet Providers in Nearby Cities
Summary Of Internet Providers In Georgetown
|SOS Communications||Fixed Wireless||100%||25 Mbps|
|Frontier Communications||DSL||92.4%+||30 Mbps|
|Texas Wireless Internet||Fixed Wireless||90.7%+||8 Mbps|
|Rise Broadband||Fixed Wireless||88.1%+||100 Mbps|
|Suddenlink Communications||Cable||83.4%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Western Broadband||Fixed Wireless||20.6%+||15 Mbps|
|Farm to Market Broadband||Fixed Wireless||7.2%+||3.0 Mbps|
|AT&T Fiber||Fiber||1.1%+||940 Mbps|
|Viasat Internet||Satellite||100%||100 Mbps|
|Rise Broadband||Fixed Wireless||100%||100 Mbps|
|Texas Wireless Internet||Fixed Wireless||100%||10 Mbps|
|Frontier Business||DSL||100%||115 Mbps|
|SOS Communications||Fixed Wireless||100%||50 Mbps|
|Suddenlink Business||Cable||66.6%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Verizon Business||Copper||13.1%+||1.5 Mbps|
|Spectrum Business||Cable||11.7%+||1,000 Mbps|
|GTT Communications||Copper||8.9%+||6 Mbps|
|CenturyLink Business||Copper||8.0%+||1,000 Mbps|
|TPx Communications||Fiber||3.8%+||1.5 Mbps|
Customer Reviews of Internet Providers in Georgetown
They Keep Raising The Price!!
I have had Suddenlink since I moved here 5 years ago. I started with the full package. Prices raised considerably once the introductory deal was through. Some places let you sign up for another deal. Not here. There are quite a few unannounced mini outages late at night. They last anywhere from 5-10 minutes to over an hour. When they lost all Vicomm stations I switched to internet only service. Now they raise prices without any notice. It's happened twice this year. I guess having no contract can have its drawbacks.
It’s a joke
Our bill keeps going up and service keeps getting worse