Most Popular Residential Internet Providers in Plano, Texas
Internet Access in Plano, Texas
The average download speed in Plano is 108.45 Mbps. This is 8.0% slower than the average in Texas and 17.1% faster than the national average.
- There are 28 internet providers in Plano with 15 of those offering residential service
- Plano is the 7th most connected city in Texas ahead of Allen, Frisco, The Colony, and Richardson, but behind Addison.
- Approximately 19,000 people in Collin County don't have access to any wired internet.
- Approximately 87% of Plano residents are serviced by multiple wired providers.
- There are 23 companies offering business internet services in Plano.
- The average internet download speed in Texas is 117.93 mbps.
- Fiber optic internet is available to 54% of Collin County residents.
- 100% of residents in Collin County have access to fixed wireless internet service.
- Explore internet access for communities within Plano: Murphy and Parker
- The fastest zip code in Plano for February 2021 is 75074. (see all below).
Internet Statistics 2021
12.7% of consumers in Plano35,000 People Only have access to 1 or fewer wired internet providers available at their address.
This data is calculated from FCC datasets which providers are legally required to supply twice a year. We further validate this data for accuracy.
Are you a journalist or researcher writing about this topic?
Contact us and we'll connect you with a broadband market expert on our team who can provide insights and data to support your work.
Summary Of Fastest Internet Providers In Plano, Texas
|Provider||Speed||Type||Time To Download 1 GB|
|AT&T Internet||1,000 Mbps||DSL and Fiber||8s|
|Grande Communications||1,000 Mbps||Cable and DSL||8s|
|XFINITY from Comcast||1,200 Mbps||Cable||6s|
|Frontier Communications||940 Mbps||DSL and Fiber||8s|
|Viasat Internet (formerly Exede)||100 Mbps||Satellite||1m 21s|
|Dell Telephone Cooperative||100 Mbps||Fiber and DSL||1m 21s|
|Rise Broadband||50 Mbps||Fixed Wireless||2m 43s|
|HughesNet||25 Mbps||Satellite||5m 27s|
Summary of Internet Providers Availability in Plano, Texas
- Frontier - 98.0% Availability in Plano - Speeds up to 940 Mbps
- Spectrum - 100.0% Availability in Plano - Speeds up to 940 Mbps
- AT&T Internet - 49.8% Availability in Plano - Speeds up to 1,000 Mbps
- Rise Broadband - 85.3% Availability in Plano - Speeds up to 50 Mbps
- Grande - 3.7% Availability in Plano - Speeds up to 1,000 Mbps
- Dell Telephone Cooperative - 1.7% Availability in Plano - Speeds up to 100 Mbps
- Xfinity - 3.1% Availability in Plano - Speeds up to 1,200 Mbps
- Viasat - 100.0% Availability in Plano - Speeds up to 100 Mbps
- HughesNet - 100.0% Availability in Plano - Speeds up to 25 Mbps
Internet Providers in Nearby Cities
Summary Of Internet Providers In Plano
|Frontier Communications||DSL and Fiber||98.0%+||940 Mbps|
|TierOne Networks||Fixed Wireless||100%||5 Mbps|
|Argon Technologies||Fixed Wireless||99.9%+||10 Mbps|
|AT&T Internet||DSL and Fiber||49.8%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Rise Broadband||Fixed Wireless||85.3%+||50 Mbps|
|Grande Communications||Cable and DSL||3.7%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Dell Telephone Cooperative||Fiber and DSL||1.7%+||100 Mbps|
|XFINITY from Comcast||Cable||3.1%+||1,200 Mbps|
|Viasat Internet (formerly Exede)||Satellite||100%||100 Mbps|
|Frontier Business||DSL and Fiber||94.5%+||940 Mbps|
|Rise Broadband||Fixed Wireless||82.9%+||50 Mbps|
|Spectrum Business||Cable and Fiber||100%||940 Mbps|
|BelWave Communications||Fixed Wireless||100%||200 Mbps|
|TierOne Networks||Fixed Wireless||100%||5 Mbps|
|MHO Networks||Fixed Wireless||100%||1,000 Mbps|
|Argon Technologies||Fixed Wireless||99.4%+||15 Mbps|
|One Ring Networks||Fixed Wireless||96.0%+||250 Mbps|
|CenturyLink Business||Fiber||35.0%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Unite Private Networks||Fiber||44.3%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Crown Castle Fiber||Fiber||36.6%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Verizon Business||Fiber and Copper||23.4%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Comcast Business||Cable||5.7%+||987 Mbps|
|LOGIX Fiber Networks||Fiber||10.8%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Grande Communications||Fiber||10.3%+||1,000 Mbps|
|GTT Communications||DSL||9.2%+||8 Mbps|
|TPx Communications||Copper||5.7%+||500 Mbps|
|Dell Telephone Cooperative||DSL||2.2%+||7 Mbps|
Customer Reviews of Internet Providers in Plano
Going the extra mile
During the winter storm in Texas that caused the entire state to lose power, I also found that the constant cycling of power caused the ONT (fiber optics converter) for my house to break. At least this is what the technician said. Anyway, I did the troubleshooting over the phone and they identified the problem. But then a ticket had to be opened and I was in the queue with lots of others. Unfortunately, my original ticket was closed by their system because it was associated with the widespread outage. I called when my ticket was closed and they opened a new one a week later. Although somewhat frustrated because I work from home I have to say the Frontier tried to get a technician out to fix my problem almost every day but I was then away from the house. I just want to say that they didn't forget me and really tried to solve my problem. They called me daily but I was away for a wedding. Great job Frontier. Your internet service is great too and it's why I've been a customer for a very long time.
Excellent Service, But They Think They Are the FBI
I run a business. I provide wireless connections and the use of on-site terminals to clients and employees. I've no control over what they do while online nor do I care. Occasionally, someone does something that apparently violates a copyright. CenturyLink doesn't contact me or warn me, they just shut me down. The last one in the midst of an important transaction, took a half hour to correct, and cost me thousands. This was the last time. In spite of the otherwise magnificent service, I've got to move on to another provider.