Searching Fiber Providers…
Most Popular Residential Internet Providers in Saint Petersburg, Florida
Internet Access in Saint Petersburg, Florida
The average download speed in Saint Petersburg is 144.81 Mbps. This is 3.6% slower than the average in Florida and 29.0% faster than the national average.
- There are 15 internet providers in Saint Petersburg with 5 of those offering residential service
- Saint Petersburg is the 26th most connected city in Florida ahead of Pinellas Park, Ruskin, and Indian Rocks Beach, but behind Largo and Seminole.
- Fiber optic internet is available to 49% of Pinellas County residents.
- 96.2% of Floridians have access to 100mbps or faster broadband.
- There are 235 internet providers in all of Florida.
- Florida is the 9th most connected state in the U.S.
- Approximately 98% of Saint Petersburg residents are serviced by multiple wired providers.
- Almost 98% of consumers in Florida have access to a wired connection with true broadband speeds faster than 25mbps.
- Explore internet access for communities within Saint Petersburg: South Pasadena, Redington Shores, Treasure Island, Madeira Beach, North Redington Beach, Kenneth City, Tierra Verde, Gulfport, and Redington Beach
- The fastest zip code in Saint Petersburg for July 2021 is 33713. (see all below).
Internet Statistics 2021
1.8% of consumers in Saint Petersburg6,000 People Only have access to 1 or fewer wired internet providers available at their address.
This data is calculated from FCC datasets which providers are legally required to supply twice a year. We further validate this data for accuracy.
Are you a journalist or researcher writing about this topic?
Contact us and we'll connect you with a broadband market expert on our team who can provide insights and data to support your work.
Summary Of Fastest Internet Providers In Saint Petersburg, Florida
|Provider||Speed||Type||Time To Download 1 GB||Availability|
|Frontier Communications||940 Mbps||DSL and Fiber||8s||97.1%|
|Viasat Internet||50 Mbps||Satellite||2m 43s||100.0%|
|HughesNet||25 Mbps||Satellite||5m 27s||100.0%|
Internet Providers in Nearby Cities
Customer Reviews of Internet Providers in Saint Petersburg
Residential service technician
Had a service technician yesterday 2/25/21. He called to let us know he was on his way. Showed up at our front door wearing his required company mask. We spoke a couple of minutes about the service I was requiring. he took some time to access the situation, and went right to work. He set up the internet system on the outside of our home, ran the required cables from the outside service box, and into a less noticeable outlet at the rear of our home. He checked the signal strength throughout the entire home to make sure we had adequate coverage for the 500 over 500 that we had ordered through the customer service representative prior. He took the time to listen, and answer all of my questions. He even took the time to set up my tv., and even showed me the step-by-step way to set up my other tv also. PS. Did I mention that Joe was so responsible? He took the time to clean up any debris leftover from the install. So BIG shout-out goes to the service technician! Thank you, Frontier.
I initially chose another provider because they were a little less expensive, but boy did I regret that. After 2 missed appointments for installation and a misquoted price, I canceled and called WOW. They were so friendly and helpful, set me up for a quick appointment for installation after I mentioned my dilemma, and how long I had been waiting for the internet. The technician was good and set everything up perfectly, and it's working great! I'm very impressed by everyone I've interacted with and the service itself. Great value, great service, great company!
Outstanding service technician
Service tech went above and beyond to help me with a technical issue. He is thorough and has great communication skills and a wonderful attitude. I am so pleased with the service he provided.
Ricardo Turner arrived promptly, was courteous, friendly and helpful. He diagnosed the issue, which required digging and putting in a new underground cable and running it into our home. All issues fixed. He spent 2 1/2 hours in all and we are thankful.
We just got Frontier a week ago and everything works great, nice and clean picture. Everything works well so far.
I have had a very positive experience with WOW internet in St. Pete, FL. Price is really good and after some issues during the first few weeks, service has been fast and pretty reliable (connection is lost every once in a while but picks back up immediately). I love that there is no obligation to sign a contract, and customer service has been pleasant.