Searching Fiber Providers…
Most Popular Residential Internet Providers in Plainfield, Illinois
Internet Access in Plainfield, Illinois
The average download speed in Plainfield is 176.34 Mbps. This is 8.2% faster than the average in Illinois and 41.7% faster than the national average.
- There are 17 internet providers in Plainfield with 9 of those offering residential service
- Plainfield is the 120th most connected city in Illinois ahead of Bolingbrook, Crest Hill, and Shorewood, but behind Romeoville and Oswego.
- In Will County, approximately 14,000 people do not have access to 25mbps wired broadband.
- 93.7% of Illinoisans have access to 100mbps or faster broadband.
- Approximately 10,000 people in Will County don't have access to any wired internet.
- There are 351 internet providers in all of Illinois.
- The average internet download speed in Illinois is 162.99 mbps.
- Almost 95% of consumers in Illinois have access to a wired connection with true broadband speeds faster than 25mbps.
- The fastest zip code in Plainfield for July 2021 is 60544. (see all below).
Internet Statistics 2021
0.6% of consumers in Plainfield500 People Only have access to 1 or fewer wired internet providers available at their address.
This data is calculated from FCC datasets which providers are legally required to supply twice a year. We further validate this data for accuracy.
Are you a journalist or researcher writing about this topic?
Contact us and we'll connect you with a broadband market expert on our team who can provide insights and data to support your work.
Summary Of Fastest Internet Providers In Plainfield, Illinois
|Provider||Speed||Type||Time To Download 1 GB||Availability|
|XFINITY from Comcast||1,200 Mbps||Cable||6s||99.2%|
|AT&T Internet||940 Mbps||IPBB and Fiber||8s||99.6%|
|EarthLink||1,000 Mbps||DSL and Fiber||8s||99.4%|
|Viasat Internet||50 Mbps||Satellite||2m 43s||100.0%|
|Rise Broadband||50 Mbps||Fixed Wireless||2m 43s||99.2%|
|HughesNet||25 Mbps||Satellite||5m 27s||100.0%|
Internet Providers in Nearby Cities
Customer Reviews of Internet Providers in Plainfield
Worst Service and even worse customer service!
We have been a Comcast Xfinty customer for over 20 years. When they forced us (and charged more!) to the digital platform we have had nothing but trouble!!! Yes, we have the original 20 year old cable line in the ground so every time it rains or is moist we have issues. I have called and said this line is shorting out with the moisture over a year ago and still no response. I have had to reset the internet modem over 6 times this week. Stay away from Xfinity, they could careless about you as a customer and your service!!!!