Most Popular Residential Internet Providers in Saint Paul, Minnesota
Internet Access in Saint Paul, Minnesota
The average download speed in Saint Paul is 110.31 Mbps. This is 17.8% faster than the average in Minnesota and 18.5% faster than the national average.
- There are 31 internet providers in Saint Paul with 14 of those offering residential service
- Saint Paul is the 53rd most connected city in Minnesota ahead of Inver Grove Heights, Newport, and Saint Paul Park, but behind Minneapolis and South Saint Paul.
- There are 28 companies offering business internet services in Saint Paul.
- There are 275 internet providers in all of Minnesota.
- 89.7% of Minnesotans have access to 100mbps or faster broadband.
- Residential fiber service is available to 22% of people living in Saint Paul.
- Approximately 1,000 people in Ramsey County don't have access to any wired internet.
- The average internet download speed in Minnesota is 93.65 mbps.
- Explore internet access for communities within Saint Paul: Pine Springs, Falcon Heights, North Oaks, Oakdale, Vadnais Heights, Dellwood, Woodbury, Roseville, Maplewood, Arden Hills, Apple Valley, White Bear Lake, Sunfish Lake, Shoreview, Mendota Heights, Eagan, Mounds View, Lauderdale, Little Canada, New Brighton, and Mahtomedi
- The fastest zip code in Saint Paul for February 2021 is 55129. (see all below).
Internet Statistics 2021
1.4% of consumers in Saint Paul10,000 People Only have access to 1 or fewer wired internet providers available at their address.
This data is calculated from FCC datasets which providers are legally required to supply twice a year. We further validate this data for accuracy.
Are you a journalist or researcher writing about this topic?
Contact us and we'll connect you with a broadband market expert on our team who can provide insights and data to support your work.
Summary Of Fastest Internet Providers In Saint Paul, Minnesota
|Provider||Speed||Type||Time To Download 1 GB|
|Sytek Communications||1,000 Mbps||Fiber||8s|
|Mediacom Cable||1,000 Mbps||Cable||8s|
|XFINITY from Comcast||1,000 Mbps||Cable||8s|
|CenturyLink||940 Mbps||DSL and Fiber||8s|
|Viasat Internet (formerly Exede)||100 Mbps||Satellite||1m 21s|
|HughesNet||25 Mbps||Satellite||5m 27s|
|Frontier Communications||115 Mbps||DSL||1m 11s|
|702 Communications||100 Mbps||DSL||1m 21s|
|Consolidated Communications (Formerly Fairpoint Communications)||20 Mbps||DSL||6m 49s|
Summary of Internet Providers Availability in Saint Paul, Minnesota
- CenturyLink - 100.0% Availability in Saint Paul - Speeds up to 940 Mbps
- Spectrum - 100.0% Availability in Saint Paul - Speeds up to 940 Mbps
- Xfinity - 100.0% Availability in Saint Paul - Speeds up to 1,000 Mbps
- Frontier - 90.9% Availability in Saint Paul - Speeds up to 115 Mbps
- Sytek - 8.1% Availability in Saint Paul - Speeds up to 1,000 Mbps
- Consolidated - 5.8% Availability in Saint Paul - Speeds up to 20 Mbps
- Arvig - 1.7% Availability in Saint Paul - Speeds up to 1,000 Mbps
- 702 - 1.2% Availability in Saint Paul - Speeds up to 100 Mbps
- Mediacom - 1.0% Availability in Saint Paul - Speeds up to 1,000 Mbps
- Viasat - 100.0% Availability in Saint Paul - Speeds up to 100 Mbps
- HughesNet - 100.0% Availability in Saint Paul - Speeds up to 25 Mbps
Internet Providers in Nearby Cities
- Arden Hills, MN
- Cottage Grove, MN
- Eagan, MN
- Falcon Heights, MN
- Lauderdale, MN
- Little Canada, MN
- Maplewood, MN
- Medford, MN
- Mendota Heights, MN
- Minneapolis, MN
- Oakdale, MN
- Richfield, MN
- Rosemount, MN
- Roseville, MN
- Saint Paul Park, MN
- Shoreview, MN
- South Saint Paul, MN
- Vadnais Heights, MN
- White Bear Lake, MN
- Woodbury, MN
Summary Of Internet Providers In Saint Paul
|CenturyLink||DSL and Fiber||100%||940 Mbps|
|XFINITY from Comcast||Cable||100%||1,000 Mbps|
|Nextera Communications||Fixed Wireless||100%||50 Mbps|
|Frontier Communications||DSL||90.9%+||115 Mbps|
|LTD Broadband||Fixed Wireless||39.6%+||100 Mbps|
|Sytek Communications||Fiber||8.1%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Consolidated Communications (Formerly Fairpoint Communications)||DSL||5.8%+||20 Mbps|
|702 Communications||DSL||1.2%+||100 Mbps|
|Mediacom Cable||Cable||1.0%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Viasat Internet (formerly Exede)||Satellite||100%||100 Mbps|
|CenturyLink Business||DSL and Fiber||100%||1,000 Mbps|
|Comcast Business||Cable||100%||1,000 Mbps|
|Spectrum Business||Cable and Fiber||100%||940 Mbps|
|Frontier Business||DSL||88.6%+||115 Mbps|
|Consolidated Communications (Formerly Fairpoint Communications)||Copper||33.8%+||-- Mbps|
|Verizon Business||Copper||23.8%+||1,000 Mbps|
|GTT Communications||Copper||20.9%+||6 Mbps|
|POPP Communications||Copper||20.1%+||20 Mbps|
|TDS Business||Cable||15.3%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Sytek Communications||Fiber||3.3%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Cogent Communications||Fiber||2.4%+||1,000 Mbps|
|TPx Communications||Fiber||2.4%+||50 Mbps|
|Nextera Communications||Fiber||1.9%+||100 Mbps|
|Mediacom Business||Cable||1.2%+||1,000 Mbps|
Customer Reviews of Internet Providers in Saint Paul
We had another wireless service in our area prior to connecting with LTD. We were having several problems with the other provider. Now? Well let's just say we get what we were promised! Great internet service, great customer service, and prompt resolution when a hiccup arises. Thanks to everyone at LTD for being a superb provider!
Best internet service I've had. Reliable and good speed whenever I need it.
My internet service is usually pretty good. It’s better than any of the other companies I’ve tried. I recommend LTD to anyone in the area who is looking for a good value.
Much better and more reliable than the local phone company
Fought many years with local phone company internet trying to work from home, switched to LTD broadband and took care of the issues.
Would not recommend
I had Xfinity for almost a year. It was good up until the last few months when their auto pay wasn’t processing my payments and I was getting all types of fees for it. I had to call multiple times (being told different things, hung up on multiple times, and not knowing what was going on). They kept blaming it on my bank and saying I needed to talk to my bank. I did call my bank and they said there were no issues they could think of why the payments weren’t processing. I even tried re-entering all my information for payments but I kept having the same issue. Then when I tried to cancel, they basically trapped me by saying I’ll have to pay all those fees (the fees that they gave me after their system was failing them) on top of cancellation fees to the tune of over $300. Don’t get stuck in their trap!