Most Popular Residential Internet Providers in Kansas City, Missouri
Internet Access in Kansas City, Missouri
The average download speed in Kansas City is 93.92 Mbps. This is 16.0% faster than the average in Missouri and 4.3% faster than the national average.
- There are 35 internet providers in Kansas City with 18 of those offering residential service
- Kansas City is the 3rd most connected city in Missouri ahead of Kansas City, Riverside, Independence, and Liberty, but behind Lenexa.
- The average internet download speed in Missouri is 80.96 mbps.
- 82.8% of Missourians have access to 100mbps or faster broadband.
- Fiber optic internet is available to 77% of Jackson County residents.
- In Jackson County, approximately 7,000 people do not have access to 25mbps wired broadband.
- There are 30 companies offering business internet services in Kansas City.
- 100% of residents in Jackson County have access to fixed wireless internet service.
- Explore internet access for communities within Kansas City: Avondale, Gladstone, Weatherby Lake, Houston Lake, Martin City, Northmoor, Randolph, North Kansas City, Parkville, Ferrelview, Lake Waukomis, Birmingham, Platte Woods, and Raytown
- The fastest zip code in Kansas City for February 2021 is 64111. (see all below).
Internet Statistics 2021
0.6% of consumers in Kansas City3,000 People Only have access to 1 or fewer wired internet providers available at their address.
This data is calculated from FCC datasets which providers are legally required to supply twice a year. We further validate this data for accuracy.
Are you a journalist or researcher writing about this topic?
Contact us and we'll connect you with a broadband market expert on our team who can provide insights and data to support your work.
Summary Of Fastest Internet Providers In Kansas City, Missouri
|Provider||Speed||Type||Time To Download 1 GB|
|AT&T Internet||1,000 Mbps||DSL and Fiber||8s|
|Google Fiber||2,000 Mbps||Fiber||4s|
|Packet Layer||1,000 Mbps||Fiber||8s|
|XFINITY from Comcast||1,000 Mbps||Cable||8s|
|Viasat Internet (formerly Exede)||100 Mbps||Satellite||1m 21s|
|Consolidated Communications||1,000 Mbps||Fiber, DSL, and Cable||8s|
|Ritter Communications||200 Mbps||Fiber||40s|
|HughesNet||25 Mbps||Satellite||5m 27s|
|CenturyLink||20 Mbps||DSL||6m 49s|
Summary of Internet Providers Availability in Kansas City, Missouri
- AT&T Internet - 100.0% Availability in Kansas City - Speeds up to 1,000 Mbps
- Spectrum - 100.0% Availability in Kansas City - Speeds up to 940 Mbps
- Google Fiber - 100.0% Availability in Kansas City - Speeds up to 2,000 Mbps
- CenturyLink - 95.1% Availability in Kansas City - Speeds up to 20 Mbps
- Xfinity - 58.5% Availability in Kansas City - Speeds up to 1,000 Mbps
- Consolidated - 19.9% Availability in Kansas City - Speeds up to 1,000 Mbps
- liNKCity - 27.5% Availability in Kansas City - Speeds up to 1,000 Mbps
- Ritter - 2.2% Availability in Kansas City - Speeds up to 200 Mbps
- Packet Layer - 2.2% Availability in Kansas City - Speeds up to 1,000 Mbps
- Viasat - 100.0% Availability in Kansas City - Speeds up to 100 Mbps
- HughesNet - 100.0% Availability in Kansas City - Speeds up to 25 Mbps
Internet Providers in Nearby Cities
Summary Of Internet Providers In Kansas City
|AT&T Internet||DSL and Fiber||100%||1,000 Mbps|
|Packet Layer||Fiber and Fixed Wireless||100%||1,000 Mbps|
|Google Fiber||Fiber||100%||2,000 Mbps|
|KC Coyote||Fixed Wireless||100%||25 Mbps|
|Wisper ISP||Fixed Wireless||100%||50 Mbps|
|KC Web||Fixed Wireless||100%||40 Mbps|
|XFINITY from Comcast||Cable||58.5%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Consolidated Communications||Fiber, DSL, and Cable||19.9%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Ritter Communications||Fiber||2.2%+||200 Mbps|
|Viasat Internet (formerly Exede)||Satellite||100%||100 Mbps|
|CenturyLink Business||DSL and Fiber||91.1%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Spectrum Business||Cable and Fiber||100%||940 Mbps|
|Consolidated Communications (Formerly Fairpoint Communications)||Fiber and Cable||54.0%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Comcast Business||Cable||59.8%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Unite Private Networks||Fiber||100%||1,000 Mbps|
|Google Fiber||Fiber||100%||1,000 Mbps|
|WANSecurity Wireless||Fixed Wireless||100%||1,200 Mbps|
|Bluebird Network||Fiber||70.4%+||1,000 Mbps|
|GTT Communications||Copper||34.8%+||6 Mbps|
|Verizon Business||Fiber and Copper||23.1%+||1,000 Mbps|
|TPx Communications||Copper||14.6%+||100 Mbps|
|Socket Telecom||Copper||5.7%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Cogent Communications||Fiber||0.8%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Packet Layer||Fiber||0.8%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Ritter Communications||Fiber||0.4%+||100 Mbps|
Customer Reviews of Internet Providers in Kansas City
Left our previous ISP and went with Spectrum and it was as easy as 1 2 3, no wait time, gave info, name, address, and phone number. No money down, no contract, and no credit check. And they shipped out my internet box router free and gave me a free cable for 30 days. No question asked, hassle-free! That is the way of the future. The speeds of the internet and the way they have cable browsing is user friendly. Wifi is super fast. Thank you so much Spectrum! I had it within 48hrs.
Internet never works
Hooked up on Nov 8th and in less then a month, I have had 5 techs to my home to fix internet problem of losing signal. Goes offline all the time, sometimes for a whole day. 5 different times they have tried things but it's still not working. It works for others, why can't they do it for me? Would not use if I didn't have to and would not recommend to anyone.
I have had HughesNet for over 20 years. It used to have great customer service, but that has changed. Their customer service is very poor at best now. I have been having email issues for 3 weeks. The first call on a Sunday was not resolved to the point that I had email again until 9 days later. Then it did not last and I am back trying to get an email again. First-tier customer service is worthless and once you get to second-tier, they may get to it in a couple of days.
Fantastic team and great coverage
Absolutely fantastic! Tech came out to help install and, due to the wiring in our apt, it took a while to find the correct outlets. But he was so patient and helpful and kind, really going above and beyond to make sure things got set up so I could have the level of coverage needed to qualify for work from home. Truly amazing guy, I honestly can't speak highly enough of him. He kept trying long after I suspect most would have given up. Huge THANK YOU to AT&T for the coverage at the right price (literally half the price of the competitor in this area), and more importantly for having such an amazing guy on your team. Thank you.
The only complaint I have with their service is that install takes a long time. From the day you sign up, it took about 3 weeks to actually have internet service, and the communication on their side is lackluster when it comes to that. However, everything else has been an amazing experience. Their technician was polite and accommodating, their service has been outstanding, and speeds have been stable. I pay for the 1000mb/s plan and I'm consistently sitting between 800-950, with pings in the ~4ms area, but some of that could be due to my own hardware. I can't really comment on their customer service, because I've never had to contact them. This is the most stable and reliable experience I've ever had with an ISP and I'm hesitant to ever move out of their service area for fear of having to use a different provider.