Most Popular Residential Internet Providers in Charlotte, North Carolina
Internet Access in Charlotte, North Carolina
The average download speed in Charlotte is 113.81 Mbps. This is 51.4% faster than the average in North Carolina and 21.0% faster than the national average.
- There are 32 internet providers in Charlotte with 10 of those offering residential service
- Charlotte is the 5th most connected city in North Carolina ahead of Matthews, Belmont, Harrisburg, and Indian Trail, but behind Pineville.
- There are 27 companies offering business internet services in Charlotte.
- Approximately 98% of Charlotte residents are serviced by multiple wired providers.
- Fiber optic internet is available to 74% of Mecklenburg County residents.
- The average internet download speed in North Carolina is 75.18 mbps.
- 13% of residents in Mecklenburg County have access to fixed wireless internet service.
- In Mecklenburg County, approximately 0 people do not have access to 25mbps wired broadband.
- Explore internet access for communities within Charlotte: Mint Hill
- The fastest zip code in Charlotte for February 2021 is 28203. (see all below).
Internet Statistics 2021
1.9% of consumers in Charlotte15,000 People Only have access to 1 or fewer wired internet providers available at their address.
This data is calculated from FCC datasets which providers are legally required to supply twice a year. We further validate this data for accuracy.
Are you a journalist or researcher writing about this topic?
Contact us and we'll connect you with a broadband market expert on our team who can provide insights and data to support your work.
Summary Of Fastest Internet Providers In Charlotte, North Carolina
|Provider||Speed||Type||Time To Download 1 GB|
|AT&T Internet||1,000 Mbps||DSL and Fiber||8s|
|Google Fiber||2,000 Mbps||Fiber||4s|
|Comporium Communications||1,000 Mbps||DSL and Fiber||8s|
|BullsEye Telecom||250 Mbps||Fiber||32s|
|Viasat Internet (formerly Exede)||100 Mbps||Satellite||1m 21s|
|HughesNet||25 Mbps||Satellite||5m 27s|
Summary of Internet Providers Availability in Charlotte, North Carolina
- AT&T Internet - 100.0% Availability in Charlotte - Speeds up to 1,000 Mbps
- Spectrum - 100.0% Availability in Charlotte - Speeds up to 940 Mbps
- Google Fiber - 100.0% Availability in Charlotte - Speeds up to 2,000 Mbps
- Comporium - 3.1% Availability in Charlotte - Speeds up to 1,000 Mbps
- BullsEye Telecom - 1.2% Availability in Charlotte - Speeds up to 250 Mbps
- Viasat - 100.0% Availability in Charlotte - Speeds up to 100 Mbps
- HughesNet - 100.0% Availability in Charlotte - Speeds up to 25 Mbps
Internet Providers in Nearby Cities
Summary Of Internet Providers In Charlotte
|AT&T Internet||DSL and Fiber||100%||1,000 Mbps|
|Google Fiber||Fiber||100%||2,000 Mbps|
|Open Broadband||Fixed Wireless||100%||1,000 Mbps|
|Comporium Communications||DSL and Fiber||3.1%+||1,000 Mbps|
|BullsEye Telecom||Fiber||1.2%+||250 Mbps|
|Viasat Internet (formerly Exede)||Satellite||100%||100 Mbps|
|Spectrum Business||Cable and Fiber||100%||940 Mbps|
|CenturyLink Business||Fiber||100%||1,000 Mbps|
|Cogent Communications||Fiber||100%||1,000 Mbps|
|Google Fiber||Fiber||100%||1,000 Mbps|
|Crown Castle Fiber||Fiber||100%||1,000 Mbps|
|Verizon Business||Copper||100%||1,000 Mbps|
|GTT Communications||DSL||100%||8 Mbps|
|Comporium Communications||Fiber||4.4%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Cincinnati Bell Business||Fiber||1.7%+||250 Mbps|
|TPx Communications||Fiber||1.6%+||100 Mbps|
|Call One||Copper||1.1%+||1.5 Mbps|
|Vocal IP Networx||Copper||1.0%+||3.0 Mbps|
|Uniti Fiber||Fiber||1.0%+||-- Mbps|
|Georgia Public Web||Copper||1.0%+||1.5 Mbps|
Customer Reviews of Internet Providers in Charlotte
Better than I thought
I had a few problems with Spectrum and the Spectrum app that I was using to make payments on as I wasn’t too happy with the misinformation it was giving me. I was on the phone twice, and this second time really cleared up everything I was worried about. Her name was Avion (hopefully I was close on spelling) and she was more than happy to answer every question I had. She was very sweet and she was very informative on everything about Spectrum so that I didn’t have anymore questions to ask. She did a great job!
I have been with Spectrum under TWC and until now, I am still satisfied. My service is great!
I gave 5 stars to the tech from Matthews Spectrum store. I would like to give only one star to online Spectrum customer support. I don’t have service with Spectrum but unfortunately, my 83-year-old mom has. I kept calling Spectrum customer service to solve the problem my mom had and customer service representatives kept transferring me from one department to another. Yesterday, I decided to stop at Matthews Spectrum store and asked personally the same question I had for weeks. Tech paid attention to what I was talking about. He listened! Problem was solved in 5 minutes but on the phone, I spent hours! I greatly appreciate your help. Spectrum, you need to hire more people like him.
Great Customer Service
Today I contacted Spectrum customer service pertaining my cable billing. I was later transferred to a supervisor and she worked with me for over an hour to ensure I understood my bill. Eventhough I seemed a little aggravated at times, her professionalism never changed. She went above and beyond to ensure I understood my bill and not once did she show any signs of a negative attitude. The kind of professionalism I received from this agent is a lost art in today's world. I can go on and on about her, but I'm going to leave it as associate like her is hard to find. Thanks again.