Most Popular Residential Internet Providers in Tampa, Florida
Internet Access in Tampa, Florida
The average download speed in Tampa is 110.53 Mbps. This is 13.3% slower than the average in Florida and 15.5% faster than the national average.
- There are 23 internet providers in Tampa with 8 of those offering residential service
- Tampa is the 16th most connected city in Florida ahead of Brandon, Riverview, Lutz, Gibsonton, and Apollo Beach.
- Residential fiber service is available to 97% of people living in Tampa.
- In Hillsborough County, approximately 6,000 people do not have access to 25mbps wired broadband.
- Almost 97% of consumers in Florida have access to a wired connection with true broadband speeds faster than 25mbps.
- Approximately 98% of Tampa residents are serviced by multiple wired providers.
- Fiber optic internet is available to 93% of Hillsborough County residents.
- The average internet download speed in Florida is 127.53 mbps.
- Explore internet access for communities within Tampa: Northdale, Temple Terrace, Westchase, Ybor City, Carrollwood, Palma Ceia, and Tampa Palms
- The fastest zip code in Tampa for April 2021 is 33612. (see all below).
Internet Statistics 2021
1.6% of consumers in Tampa11,000 People Only have access to 1 or fewer wired internet providers available at their address.
This data is calculated from FCC datasets which providers are legally required to supply twice a year. We further validate this data for accuracy.
Are you a journalist or researcher writing about this topic?
Contact us and we'll connect you with a broadband market expert on our team who can provide insights and data to support your work.
Summary Of Fastest Internet Providers In Tampa, Florida
|Provider||Speed||Type||Time To Download 1 GB|
|Hotwire Communications||1,000 Mbps||Fiber||8s|
|XFINITY from Comcast||1,000 Mbps||Cable||8s|
|Frontier Communications||940 Mbps||Fiber||8s|
|Viasat Internet (formerly Exede)||100 Mbps||Satellite||1m 21s|
|Frontier Communications||115 Mbps||DSL||1m 11s|
|HughesNet||25 Mbps||Satellite||5m 27s|
Summary of Internet Providers Availability in Tampa, Florida
- Frontier - - 100.0% Availability in Tampa - Speeds up to 115 Mbps
- Spectrum - - 100.0% Availability in Tampa - Speeds up to 1,000 Mbps
- Frontier - - 100.0% Availability in Tampa - Speeds up to 940 Mbps
- Xfinity - - 10.1% Availability in Tampa - Speeds up to 1,000 Mbps
- Hotwire Communications - - 2.2% Availability in Tampa - Speeds up to 1,000 Mbps
- Viasat - - 100.0% Availability in Tampa - Speeds up to 100 Mbps
- HughesNet - - 100.0% Availability in Tampa - Speeds up to 25 Mbps
Internet Providers in Nearby Cities
Summary Of Internet Providers In Tampa
|Frontier Communications||DSL||100%||115 Mbps|
|Frontier Communications||Fiber||100%||940 Mbps|
|RapidSystems||Fixed Wireless||24.5%+||25 Mbps|
|XFINITY from Comcast||Cable||10.1%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Hotwire Communications||Fiber||2.2%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Viasat Internet (formerly Exede)||Satellite||100%||100 Mbps|
|Frontier Business||DSL||100%||115 Mbps|
|Tampa Bay Fiber||Fixed Wireless||100%||2,000 Mbps|
|Frontier Business||Fiber||97.4%+||940 Mbps|
|Spectrum Business||Cable||100%||940 Mbps|
|CenturyLink Business||Fiber||54.7%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Crown Castle Fiber||Fiber||55.9%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Spectrum Business||Fiber||52.9%+||940 Mbps|
|RapidSystems||Fixed Wireless||52.7%+||50 Mbps|
|GTT Communications||Copper||33.9%+||6 Mbps|
|Verizon Business||Copper||33.0%+||750 Mbps|
|Comcast Business||Cable||10.6%+||987 Mbps|
|Cincinnati Bell Business||Fiber||4.7%+||250 Mbps|
|Uniti Fiber||Fiber||2.1%+||1,000 Mbps|
|TPx Communications||Copper||1.3%+||100 Mbps|
|Fision Work||Fiber||0.0%+||1,000 Mbps|
Customer Reviews of Internet Providers in Tampa
Good Technician, Benny
Solved my problem, good job
Awesome customer service
I made a call because of my bill. Customer service rep in North Carolina went over and beyond the call. It took less than 5 minutes to get a credit on the account and he was so sweet and professional. You normally don't receive this kind of customer service with Spectrum but today I did. Thanks, you made a difference.
I'm a new customer with Spectrum and I signed a contract that promised a free modem. Was happy with the tech's installation. He was very professional. The gripe I have is that I assumed the free modem would be new and not one that looks to have seen better days. I hope customer service will be understanding and helpful when the modem crashes.
Decent Internet for poorly covered areas
Decent Internet with surprisingly fast download speeds albeit with high latencies. Pages and streaming very slow to get started but once they start, good speed is held. Upload speeds good enough, though slow. Due to high latency, VPN usage is almost useless.
consistent reliable service