Searching Fiber Providers…
Most Popular Residential Internet Providers in Providence, Rhode Island
Internet Access in Providence, Rhode Island
The average download speed in Providence is 135.13 Mbps. This is 5.7% slower than the average in Rhode Island and 30.9% faster than the national average.
- There are 16 internet providers in Providence with 5 of those offering residential service
- Providence is the 13th most connected city in Rhode Island behind Pawtucket, East Providence, Johnston, Rumford, and North Providence.
- The average internet download speed in Rhode Island is 143.33 mbps.
- Rhode Island is the 2nd most connected state in the U.S.
- 98.7% of Rhode Islanders have access to 100mbps or faster broadband.
- In Providence County, approximately 7,000 people do not have access to 25mbps wired broadband.
- Approximately 6,000 people in Providence County don't have access to any wired internet.
- Fiber optic internet is available to 97% of Providence County residents.
- The fastest zip code in Providence for April 2021 is 02906. (see all below).
Internet Statistics 2021
1.6% of consumers in Providence3,000 People Only have access to 1 or fewer wired internet providers available at their address.
This data is calculated from FCC datasets which providers are legally required to supply twice a year. We further validate this data for accuracy.
Are you a journalist or researcher writing about this topic?
Contact us and we'll connect you with a broadband market expert on our team who can provide insights and data to support your work.
Summary Of Fastest Internet Providers In Providence, Rhode Island
|Provider||Speed||Type||Time To Download 1 GB|
|Cox Communications||1,000 Mbps||Cable||8s|
|Viasat Internet||100 Mbps||Satellite||1m 21s|
|HughesNet||25 Mbps||Satellite||5m 27s|
Summary of Internet Providers Availability in Providence, Rhode Island
- Cox - - 100.0% Availability in Providence - 1,000
- Viasat - - 100.0% Availability in Providence - 100
- HughesNet - - 100.0% Availability in Providence - 25
Internet Providers in Nearby Cities
- Albion, RI
- Barrington, RI
- Bristol, RI
- Central Falls, RI
- Charlestown, RI
- Cranston, RI
- Cumberland, RI
- East Greenwich, RI
- East Providence, RI
- Greenville, RI
- Hope, RI
- Johnston, RI
- Lincoln, RI
- Manville, RI
- North Providence, RI
- North Scituate, RI
- Pawtucket, RI
- Riverside, RI
- Rumford, RI
- Smithfield, RI
- Warren, RI
- Warwick, RI
- West Warwick, RI
Summary Of Internet Providers In Providence
|Cox Communications||Cable||100%||1,000 Mbps|
|Viasat Internet||Satellite||100%||100 Mbps|
|Cox Business||Cable||92.0%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Crown Castle Fiber||Fiber||58.5%+||1,000 Mbps|
|GTT Communications||Copper||58.5%+||6 Mbps|
|Verizon Business||Copper||7.8%+||1.5 Mbps|
|CenturyLink Business||Fiber||2.1%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Cox Business||Fiber||0.8%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Call One||Fiber||0.3%+||1.5 Mbps|
Customer Reviews of Internet Providers in Providence
Tech from Albany NY helped me get my internet up and running within minutes. She was very professional, I would pick her any day to help me or my family members with our Fios internet problems. Thank you.
Usually, I expect cable/internet companies to harbor scummy business practices. However, I am delightfully surprised with my experience using Cox. I have been a customer for almost 2 years now. For the first year, they offered me a free security system because I suppose it was some sort of trial for their new security products. I accepted, and very much enjoyed their security system - one camera, a door sensor that told me when it opened/closed, and a switch controlled through the app that turned my main light on/off. It was great for me to check up on my cat/home when I was away. So when that trial ended, I was charged for the home security. After I realized this, I turned off the security service. Then on my last bill, they credited me the money for the months of charged security service! This was unprecedented as I hadn't even called them about the issue. I am impressed with this (what should be basic) business integrity. Cox has a loyal customer in me. :)