Most Popular Residential Internet Providers in Richardson, Texas
Internet Access in Richardson, Texas
The average download speed in Richardson is 132.26 Mbps. This is 12.2% faster than the average in Texas and 32.0% faster than the national average.
- There are 26 internet providers in Richardson with 10 of those offering residential service
- Richardson is the 59th most connected city in Texas ahead of Garland, but behind Addison, Plano, Allen, and Sachse.
- 90.0% of Texans have access to 100mbps or faster broadband.
- In Dallas County, approximately 5,000 people do not have access to 25mbps wired broadband.
- Approximately 5,000 people in Dallas County don't have access to any wired internet.
- Almost 92% of consumers in Texas have access to a wired connection with true broadband speeds faster than 25mbps.
- The average internet download speed in Texas is 117.93 mbps.
- Approximately 95% of Richardson residents are serviced by multiple wired providers.
- The fastest zip code in Richardson for February 2021 is 75080. (see all below).
Internet Statistics 2021
4.9% of consumers in Richardson4,000 People Only have access to 1 or fewer wired internet providers available at their address.
This data is calculated from FCC datasets which providers are legally required to supply twice a year. We further validate this data for accuracy.
Are you a journalist or researcher writing about this topic?
Contact us and we'll connect you with a broadband market expert on our team who can provide insights and data to support your work.
Summary Of Fastest Internet Providers In Richardson, Texas
|Provider||Speed||Type||Time To Download 1 GB|
|AT&T Fiber||1,000 Mbps||Fiber and DSL||8s|
|Frontier Communications||940 Mbps||DSL and Fiber||8s|
|Viasat Internet (formerly Exede)||100 Mbps||Satellite||1m 21s|
|Rise Broadband||50 Mbps||Fixed Wireless||2m 43s|
|HughesNet||25 Mbps||Satellite||5m 27s|
Summary of Internet Providers Availability in Richardson, Texas
- AT&T Fiber - 86.8% Availability in Richardson - Speeds up to 1,000 Mbps
- Spectrum - 100.0% Availability in Richardson - Speeds up to 940 Mbps
- Frontier - 24.3% Availability in Richardson - Speeds up to 940 Mbps
- Rise Broadband - 14.9% Availability in Richardson - Speeds up to 50 Mbps
- Viasat - 100.0% Availability in Richardson - Speeds up to 100 Mbps
- HughesNet - 100.0% Availability in Richardson - Speeds up to 25 Mbps
Internet Providers in Nearby Cities
Summary Of Internet Providers In Richardson
|AT&T Fiber||Fiber and DSL||86.8%+||1,000 Mbps|
|TierOne Networks||Fixed Wireless||81.5%+||5 Mbps|
|Argon Technologies||Fixed Wireless||68.8%+||10 Mbps|
|Frontier Communications||DSL and Fiber||24.3%+||940 Mbps|
|Rise Broadband||Fixed Wireless||14.9%+||50 Mbps|
|Viasat Internet (formerly Exede)||Satellite||100%||100 Mbps|
|Spectrum Business||Cable and Fiber||100%||940 Mbps|
|BelWave Communications||Fixed Wireless||100%||200 Mbps|
|TierOne Networks||Fixed Wireless||76.9%+||5 Mbps|
|MHO Networks||Fixed Wireless||72.6%+||1,000 Mbps|
|One Ring Networks||Fixed Wireless||66.3%+||150 Mbps|
|Argon Technologies||Fixed Wireless||61.4%+||15 Mbps|
|Frontier Business||DSL and Fiber||18.6%+||940 Mbps|
|Rise Broadband||Fixed Wireless||23.9%+||50 Mbps|
|CenturyLink Business||Fiber||22.4%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Unite Private Networks||Fiber||38.1%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Verizon Business||Copper||17.6%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Crown Castle Fiber||Fiber||13.0%+||1,000 Mbps|
|GTT Communications||DSL||6.1%+||100 Mbps|
|LOGIX Fiber Networks||Fiber||4.3%+||1,000 Mbps|
|TPx Communications||Fiber||2.5%+||100 Mbps|
|Cogent Communications||Fiber||1.5%+||1,000 Mbps|
Customer Reviews of Internet Providers in Richardson
Two of the nicest people I've ever met
I had to place two separate calls for Business internet and was assisted by two of the nicest people I've ever had the pleasure of talking to. Tory and Andre, if y'all are out there somewhere, thank you guys for being so effin' chill .
Switched to Spectrum and get NO internet!
Switched to Spectrum a week ago, paying for 100Mbps but that's not even close to what we get. It works if we reset the router and so far we've had to do that every single day - and even then we only get reliable wi-fi for a few minutes. If I want to actually get work done, I have to use the LTE network. Incredibly frustrating and not worth the price. I'm furious.
dependable with good download speeds
I pay for 6 Mbps but different sites that measure download speeds regularly report 7 and 8 Mbps download speeds.
When it's working, the service is excellent. The customer service experience is better than any other provider. The problem is the equipment in our area is outdated and overloaded. It simply cannot handle all of the devices we use today. We have an ongoing connectivity issue that AT&T claims to be working on. They are still lagging with features, as well. Only three HD programs can be recording at a time, while others offer between five and eight. No acceptable answer to that considering AT&T now owns DirecTV. Wifi speed is simply unacceptable. We had been paying for speeds that the equipment cannot provide. To their credit, they are refunding those overages, but they sold it to us knowing they could not provide it. The technicians are very good, but limited. They are honest and forthcoming. We have had almost every other service available and they are all problematic. At least they are aware of the problems and are actively working to improve. Other providers we've used didn't even keep records of our complaints.